Warren Dow is the Director of Industry Relations at Lone Wolf Technologies and a principal contributor to the Real Estate Technology Institute. With a degree in behavioral neuroscience and a background in technology, consumer engagement, and marketing strategy, Warren offers a unique perspective which has placed him on the national stage for NAR, WCR, NAHREP, NAREB, as well as with many other regional, state and local associations and conferences throughout North America.
- February 28, 2018Disruptors seem to be a dime a dozen these days. At least they’re self-defining themselves as disruptors. I cringe every time I come across the word because there is nothing disruptive about many of their technologies. They aren’t turning the industry upside down. They aren’t replacing brokerages or agents as a part of the transaction. They are building new software and processes designed to make this industry more accessible, more secure, more reliable, more profitable. Many of these self-defined disruptors have great products, services, and technologies that will improve the day to day of working in real estate. Let’s call a spade a spade – we’re surrounded by innovators, not disruptors.
- February 16, 2018Who is your consumer? It seems like a simple question... Over the last few months, I noticed that a lot of brokerages refer to consumer behavior when talking about their agents. I’ve always thought of buyers & sellers as real estate consumers, but yet many brokerage models support agents as the brokerage’s primary consumer. After all, without agents a brokerage can’t survive.
- February 1, 2018For those of you who have not had the opportunity to attend an Inman event, imagine this… Thousands of the industry’s vendors, franchises, brokerages, and agents congregating into a couple floors of a hotel for 5 days. There’s more combined influence, brain power, and sheer know-how in a single location than nearly any other event can create. Now come the sessions – usually setup in 15-25 minute segments rotating through speakers each time. Inman brings in CEO’s, trainers, coaches, broker/owners, social influencers, marketers, and agents to facilitate some of the most heavy hitting topics shrunk down into easily digestible pieces.
- January 25, 2018I think we can all agree the start of the year always feels like crunch time. Our lists of goals are long and spirits are high, but everyone is wondering what the next big thing will be. Here’s a cheat sheet for the top five marketing trends to keep your eyes on in 2018:
- January 11, 2018The holiday season was dominated by articles on 'how to make 2018 the best year it can be'. Whether it was the five top marketing tools for the year or 10 tips to grow your business, everyone looks at year-end as an opportunity for a fresh start. Many of these articles were aggressive on getting people to sign up before year-end so they have a clean slate in 2018. I’m all for New Year’s resolutions, but change doesn’t have to happen at year-end and the urgency I’ve seen in some of these articles may be setting brokerages up for failure.
- November 13, 2017Lone Wolf Technologies recently participated in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) GYRLS mini-conference in Cambridge, Ontario, hosted by the local YWCA. Represented by Cassie Shan from Development, Claire Murphy from Support, and Christina Rau from Human Resources, Lone Wolf was able to help young girls explore various career paths connected to STEM education.
- November 9, 2017Every year the National Association of REALTORS (NAR) Annual Conference and Tradeshow becomes more valuable. Through its panels, presentations, networking and tradeshow, NAR is a great place to learn more about Real Estate’s vendors, solutions, and pressing topics.
- November 2, 2017We’re really excited about our acquisition of Instanet Solutions. Why are we so excited? We are better together. Combining the Lone Wolf and Instanet teams make us stronger. By bringing together our knowledge, we are now the subject matter experts in the real estate industry on all things back office and transaction management.
- October 19, 2017
At Lone Wolf, one of our core values is ‘Together’. For us, ‘Together’ means working as a team to reach our goals. It means growing alongside our clients and becoming better together. But ‘Together’ also takes on a bigger meaning: it means doing whatever we can to help our neighbors and our community.
- July 5, 2017
Lone Wolf recently launched a new website with the same goals any brokerage would have: increase traffic, improve visitor experience and increase conversion rates.
Consumers expect your website to be fresh and modern. As technology and real estate evolve, your consumers’ needs evolve. Whether your site needs a new look, to become mobile friendly, or have content rewritten or reorganized, a new website may be a cost-effective investment for your brokerage.
Here are 5 things to consider when refreshing your website: